Buenos Dias Amigos,
Pretty amped to fire up the first actual Mailbag of 2016 this morning! Piter’ pater, let’s get at’ er!
- In my first editorial piece of the year, I take a crack breaking down a few misconceptions and lessons we can learn from the current situation we find ourselves in as Albertans. The piece is titled “A Call To Albertans: Where To From Here?” and can be found on LinkedIn. I’d love to hear your feedback/thoughts/ideas as this is an issue that hits close to home for many Mailbag readers…
- Short and sweet. Thought provoking. A powerful metaphor. What’s not to like about this piece titled “Lead From Behind“?
- “We’re Doing It All Wrong: Why Our Double Lives Are Killing Us?” This piece is probably not what you think it is about… “The big issue is this: the vast majority of people these days focus far more on their ‘CV identity’ than on their ‘Eulogy identity’.”
- If you’re Canadian and appreciate a good laugh, you’ve likely come across the YouTube clips about the smalltown of Letterkenny, Ontario and their “problems“. Well, turns out so many people laughed that they’re making an entire show about them. Who’d a thunk it?
- Coffeetalk: Episode #1 with Cam McDonald. Dalhousie graduate 14′. Serial entrepreneur. Co-Founder of Sage Mixology. Cam is making waves in the alcoholic beverage industry and you might just want to give one his products a shot next time you’re at the liquor store looking for some libations! Check out the conversation we had while Cam was in Alberta promoting his newly launched product, Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer.
Song of the Week: Kick back with this groovy gem “Howling at Nothing” by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats.
Quote of the Week: “The mark of a good conversationalist is not that you can talk a lot. The mark is that you can get others to talk a lot.” – Guy Kawasaki