Top o’ The Morning,
Grab a cup of joe and let’s go!
- Have you ever thought about how to shorten your refractory period of emotional reactions so that your mood doesn’t turn into your temperament? And subsequently, that temperament turning into your full blown personality? I certainly hadn’t… If you’re struggling to pull yourself out of your own headspace or current reality and into a better one, I can’t recommend this Impact Theory clip of Dr. Joe Dispenza enough. “The best way to predict your future is to create it… not from the known but from the unknown. What thoughts do you want to fire and wire into your brain? … Your brain is no longer a record of the past. Now it’s a map to the future. You can’t wait for success to feel empowered. You can’t wait for your wealth to feel abundant. You can’t wait for your new relationship to feel love or your healing to feel whole. That’s the old model of reality of cause & effect. Waiting for something outside of us to change how we feel inside of us.” – Dr. Joe Dispenza. Let this clip percolate for a few weeks and let me know any reflections or thoughts you have down the road… Here is the whole interview if you’d like to dive in further.
- A top shelf read courtesy of a regular mainstay of the Mailbag, Mr. Mark Manson. This one titled Why the Best Things in Life Are All Backwards.
- No Dickheads – What the All Blacks Can Teach Us About Building High Performance Teams by Tess Sloane. Great read on what is arguably the most successful sporting team in the world.
- Awesome Sportsnet feature on Canada’s best swimmer, Penny Oleksiak. Judging by this video and her new training regime, I would not want to be in the seven other lanes at the 2020 Olympics when Penny is in the water!
- Zero NHL franchises on Forbes Top 50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises in the world.
Song of the Week: Vino & Vinyl: Vol 15 – Route 19 Blues. If you like the cut of this playlist’s jib, there are 14 others to tune into…
Quote of the Week:“It might help some of you to think of yourself as moist robots and not skin bags full of magic and mastery. If you control the inputs, you can determine the outcomes, give or take some luck.” – Scott Adams
Make it a Great Friday,